[cisco-voip] Distribute call to different phones

Tim Medley medley at mac.com
Fri Oct 15 12:11:50 EDT 2004

Benny,

Here's what I would do;

Setup a shared line for the "Backup" people say 555, set the Max # of calls
to twice the number of phones the shared line will appear on and set the
busy trigger to the number of phones that will share the line.

Configure Line Group 1 that lists x100

Configure Line Group 2 that lists x555

Configure a Route Hunt/List that hunts Line Group 1, Line Group 2 and then
the VoiceMail hunt group

Then setup a route pattern to route calls to the Route Hunt/Group.

Calls will try to ring x100 if it is busy or no answer then it will ring
x555. If no one answers x555 then the call will ring to vm. When x555 rings,
all of the phones that have x555 configured will ring; any phone that
already has a call on line 555 will not ring.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Tim

  _____