[cisco-voip] 7970 miracles

peter.casanave at us.army.mil peter.casanave at us.army.mil
Sat Oct 16 07:21:49 EDT 2004

All,

   My Battalion Commander is asking me to preform some miracles in design for 7970 phones here in Iraq. Some of you may have done some of these things before so, I would appreciate any help I can get. The following are ideas that the good idea fairy placed in his mind:

He would like these for 7970s......
    Scrolling news ticker feed from CCN or some other well know news network
    He wants me to get rid of the shaded area associated with bottons used that goes across the whole screen
    Does anyone know of a better service than berbee to get services from...berbee CNN keeps freezing up on 7970s
    Local news ticker server for classified phone VoIP network
    Extended speed dial buttons without an external device....are the external 14 button speed dial devices used for 7960s compatablie with 7970s?
    Also, I am having problems getting the Fast dial services working. Not familiar with PAD...
    Anyone ever expirience promblems with 7970s updating thier date/time?

   I am in the military so, I have little expirience but we have the resources smart people to learn. We all have about 5 months VoIP expirience now. I would appreciate any of the audiences knowledge on this. I know some of these problems are probably elementary and some are not possible. Thanks for anything you can give.

V/R,
PETER CASANAVE
SSG, USA
BBN Platoon Sergeant