[cisco-voip] CCM 4.1(2)

Wes Sisk wsisk at cisco.com
Tue Oct 26 12:33:25 EDT 2004

Good Morning Lukas,

Mostly you have to be concerned about domain security policies being
pushed down to CM.  Note that a domain security policy can be used to
change file system permission and registry permissions.  These changes
are not backed out when the server is removed from the domain so if your
server breaks after an AD change, a rebuild is in your future unless you
know EXACTLY what changes your AD policy made and can back them out
manually.

CSCee03607 need to refine support of CallManager in a windows domain

<b>Symptoms:</b>
Various including CallManager service fail to start and SQL replication
failing

<b>Conditions:</b>
CallManager server is added to a Windows Domain that enforces domain
security
policy or domain login scripts.

<b>Workaround:</b>
CallManager servers can be domain members so long as these criteria are met:
1. servers are in an OU that does not receive domain security policies
2. domain user accounts that login to the server must not execute login
scripts
3. SMS or other software push tools must not be used to push software or
security
updates to the CallManager servers.

It is preferable that CCM servers are not domain members, but remain
workgroup
members.  This prevents the accidental case of a user with login script
logging
into the server and impacting CallManager functionality.  It also
prevents an
admin accidentally pushing an update out to an OU and all sub OU's.

To help address security concerns:
The win-os updates provided on Cisco.com software center are built and
tested
within Cisco to make user rights, group membership, file and registry
permissions, local security policy, etc as secure as possible and still
allow
CallManager to work properly.  Any additions or modifications are almost
guaranteed to break some functionality or interface of the CallManager
software.