[cisco-voip] help me on configuring my mcs 7800 series

Voll, Scott Scott.Voll at wesd.org
Fri Apr 1 11:12:25 EST 2005

Thusitha-

You need to look at one of these
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_callmg/3_3/insta
ll/instcall/index.htm

The second nic is for failover if configured.

The Publisher and all subscribers to that publisher make up a Cluster.

A voice Gateway is a Router that interfaces with the PSTN via FXO, FXS,
PRI, T1 etc.  You will need to setup your VGW and then configure it in
CM under Gateways.

A publisher is the CM that houses the SQL DB.  Subscribers are other
servers that just work off that SQL DB.  The reason you have a Publisher
and subscribers is for failover in case something goes wrong.  So YES it
must be on different servers.

Scott