[cisco-voip] FAC on 4.12

Wes Sisk wsisk at cisco.com
Thu Apr 7 15:18:42 EDT 2005

The unseen part of that DDTS:

<snip>
The issue can be fixed by upgrading to 4.1(2.43) or newer Call Manager.
The older Call Manager sends CallInfoMessage (the one sent just before
ZipZip StartTone), which has empty CalledParty field. For the later CM
version, it has *****.
So when 7905 phone receives CallInfoMessage with empty CalledParty field, it
interperets it as "Unknown Number", while 7960 interprets it as "External
Call".
The upgrade to 4.1(2.43) or newer Call Manager resolves the issue. All phone
models will display the same information (*****).
</snip>

/Wes