[cisco-voip] CCS and Partitions best practices

Voll, Scott Scott.Voll at wesd.org
Mon Apr 11 18:37:57 EDT 2005

Wouldn't a translation rule work?

________________________________

From: Marcello Pedersen [mailto:mpedersen at touchbase.us]
Sent: Monday, April 11, 2005 3:38 PM
To: Voll, Scott; cisco-voip at puck.nether.net
Subject: RE: [cisco-voip] CCS and Partitions best practices

Thanks everyone. I just rolled out today six new sites (all in pilot
testing phase with no major problems) I settled in the following
approach:

All DNs are in PT_Default

4 CSS for DNs

Internal

Local

National

International

Each site has:

1 region

1 Device pool

1 CSS for the devices for 911 and local calling

each device in each branch office gets the CSS for devices

each dn gets a CSS based on the class of restriction

I created one additional PT for vm ports and on ccs for vm pilot.
Additionally, I created route lists with the gateways in case any
gateway is down. I followed your guys recommendation and read 2 cisco
books which were awesome, I will definitely recommend them to any new
comer to CCM like myself:

Cisco CallManager Best Practices

Cisco IP Telephony : Planning, Design, Implementation, Operation and
Optimization.

LAST QUESTION:

I want to create a number so users can call the centralized VM locally.
For example, our pilot number is 5555 and I want to create the number
2222 that gets send to the pilot number 5555. How can I do this and
still retain the caller originating caller ID so the call to 5555 does
come from 2222 but from the originating number. What I am trying to
achieve is having a local DID in each site so users can call a local
number from their home phones/cell phones and use the alternate
extension on Unity.

Thanks a bunch.

Marcello