[cisco-voip] Unity AA

King, Jesse JKing at thegranitegroup.com
Fri Apr 15 10:37:21 EDT 2005

My DN's are all in one partition called internal_pt, we use a 7 digit DN
derived from a location number (we have 20 locations).

Within a location, users can dial the 4 digit extension - doing it with
a translation pattern in CM, into the location_pt.

Situation - Called dials 800 and is prompted to dial a 7 digit extension
- I'm getting complaints about the length of the ext number, Would love
to have them dial the location 4 digits......

With unity, I don't see a way to have an auto attendant use 4 digit ext,
naturally unity needs a unique ext, 7 digits in my case. I can't go to 4
digits because of the gross amount of overlaps I would have.

I guess my my question, is there a way to partition a unity AA to accept
4 digits, and prefix it? Probably not...

I haven't looked at the call manager Auto Attendant, but I'm assuming I
would be able to use this if a called wanted to dial an 800 number, get
the prompt to enter the persons 4 digit ext, than transfer out.... Not
sure of licensing and other charges with that..

I am currently on Unity 3.1(3), upgrading shortly to 4.x, not sure if
the capability exists in the newer version or not..

Am I making any sense?

Thanks.

Jesse