[cisco-voip] 4.02(a) sr1a installation issues

Ken McCutcheon Ken.McCutcheon at computerland.co.nz
Fri Apr 15 20:11:01 EDT 2005

Hey folks,

I'm having an issue trying to install sr1a on our systems, the logs show
the following.  Now the usual replication agent does stop during the
install process and I have to manually restart the agent after the
install fails.  Otherwise all regular scheduled replications are working
fine.

And yes all three servers are running the same patch level and are all
online.

Does the upgrade require a Push replication setup, as we only have our
two subscribers with a Pull process at the moment.  I can't see much in
the release notes/cisco in regards to troubleshooting this fault but
admittedly it could just be that I am not using the right keywords while
searching.
(We have our SQL databases maintained by a seperate team and they havn't
been too helpful as yet).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

11:43:09: Pre-Install Database Check Started *********************
11:43:11: Initial Database access successful:  11:43:11
11:43:11: ****************************************************
11:43:11: ****************************************************
11:43:11: Replication Status is All agent-implementing jobs are
scheduled and idle
11:43:11: Replication Initialization Begun ****************
11:43:43: ***********Replication Initialization failed****************
11:43:48:
********************************
11:43:48:
********************************
11:43:48: Listing of Errors:
11:43:48: Unless otherwise indicated, these errors are non-critical in
nature
11:43:48: Critical Error - Replication initialization FAILED,Please make
sure all nodes in the cluster are online and on the same version before
upgrading to this patch.
11:43:48:
********************************
11:43:48:
********************************
11:43:48:

Cheers

Ken McCutcheon BInfSc
Systems Engineer

Computerland New Zealand
Level 3, 154 Featherson St      Ph: +64 4 439 1241
P.O. Box 3351                          Fax: +64 4 460 6001
Wellington                                Mobile: + 64 27 609 7571
ken.mccutcheon at computerland.co.nz
<mailto:ken.mccutcheon at computerland.co.nz>

http://www.computerland.co.nz <blocked::http://www.computerland.co.nz/>

CAUTION: This e-mail message and accompanying data may contain
information that is confidential and subject to privilege. If you are
not the intended recipient, you are notified that any use,
dissemination, distribution or copying of this message or data is
sender immediately and delete all material pertaining to this e-mail.
Computerland New Zealand will not accept liability for any loss or
damage caused by using any material or attachments contained in this
message. While every best practice has been taken, no warranty is made
that this material is free from computer virus or other defect.
Computerland New Zealand's entire liability will be limited to
resupplying the material.