[cisco-voip] Weird problem (SIP)

yy yylim at thiss.net
Fri Apr 15 22:31:21 EDT 2005

Hi all,

I'm having a weird problem here. Currently when I dial to my phone
connected to a FXS port of my cisco 2600 router, if the user at the FXS
port does not pick up the phone, the phone rings and waits at 183 (Sip
protocol message). This is the correct behaviour. However, when I dial
out to PSTN from my router, and the user at the other end does not pick
up the phone, I would receive a 200 OK almost immediately. In other
words, it does not wait at a 183. And when the caller puts does the
phone, I get a BYE msg instead of a CANCEL. Why is it so?

Please advise :-)

Regards,
YY