[cisco-voip] CM 4.x memory recommendations

Erick Bergquist erickbe at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 20 20:44:31 EDT 2005

Ryan,

Thanks for the email on this.

Regarding the comments in the document, about the
publisher having ccm.exe and cti.exe services running
if it is doing call processing. We have a client who
has a dedicated publisher and not doing call
processing on 4.02aSR1 and their publisher was spiking
to 100% and crashing when the ccm.exe and cti.exe
services were not running. Cisco TAC had told us that
those are required to run on dedicated publishers not
doing call processing and to not put the publisher as
part of a server group. Once we enabled those the 100%
spikes stopped, etc. The publisher wasn't part of a
server group either when we had problems.

Thats fine, but just asking as this document seems to
be misleading on that and want to understand the right
and correct way to do that.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/