[cisco-voip] VG200s

Israel Lang zephy316 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 15:47:05 EDT 2005

We have a number of installations that were done in 2000-2001 in which we
used VG200s as the voice gateways. A number of these customers are wanting
to move to 4.x. Looking at the compatibility matrix I see that the minimum
IOS version supported is 12.2(15)T8 for 4.02(a) and 12.3(8)T for 4.1(x).
Both of which require 16 MB of flash and 64 MB of DRAM. A number of the
vg200s we have in the field have 8/32 respectively. Some have 8/64.

I have successfully TFTP the 12.2(15)T8 image to a 8/64 vg200. Any one
successfully TFTP the larger images to the vg200 with the memory as stated?
If so any problems or pretty successful?

I am also looking for any suggestions other than the obvious, get a new
gateway, on how to get this to work. Anyone have a place to get quality
memory for the VG200s that won't cost me the same amount as a new router?

--
Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!
zephy316_gmail.com

Replace the _ with an @ symbol