[cisco-voip] Need advice on call coverage [Email Checked - APAC]

Shuichi Sakai shuichi.sakai at jp.ey.com
Sun Jan 9 23:05:04 EST 2005

Hi, we have a small VoIP site with about 150 users and two clustered
CCM4.0.
We have a third-party voicemail system connected via a Cisco VG248 device
using SMDI.

Here is what we would like to achieve:

(1) A customer calls a user's number
(2) The deskpohne IP7960 rings for N seconds
(3) Call transfers to the user's cell phone if the user does not answer
(4) Call transfers to voicemail if the user does not answer

I am rather stuck, because using "call forward" to an external number
never returns to the VM, and hunt groups can only include internal
extensions.

We are basically trying to mimic the "coverage path" feature that was
available with Avaya Definity before we changed platform to Cisco..

Regards,
Shuichi Sakai
Ernst & Young Transaction Advisory Services

The information contained in this communication is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and others authorized to receive it.   It may contain confidential or legally privileged information.   If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by responding to this email and then delete it from your system. Ernst & Young is neither liable for the proper and complete transmission of the information contained in this communication nor for any delay in its receipt.