[cisco-voip] Two trunks between CCM and gatekeeper

Ryan Ratliff rratliff at cisco.com
Thu Jan 20 11:10:57 EST 2005

CM sets codec based on the device pool configuration between the two
(or more) devices in the call.   The only way I can see this working is
if you create two gateways in CM for this device.   Perhaps you can
have one named the Ip address and another named the hostname.   Put
each one in the appropriate device pool and set your route patterns for
long distance and local calls to point to the device you want.

I have no idea what strange things might occur with CM having two
"logical" gateways pointing to the same IP address so I'd test this
during some downtime before going live with it.

I'm not 100% sure how the gatekeeper will interact with this but I
think you'll be ok from a CM codec point of view.

-Ryan