[cisco-voip] Active Directory Integration

Ryan Ratliff rratliff at cisco.com
Fri Jan 21 14:48:23 EST 2005

Do you get the error when browsing for users or only when trying to
modify them?

What permissions does the directory manager account CM is using have?

A sniffer trace will be the absolute best way to find out what's going
on here.  Try doing a netmon capture on the publisher (MS Netmon is
installed by default on your CM) while you try to do the modification.
Then filter it for ldap packets and see what the AD server is sending
back after the ldapmodify messages sent by CM.  If you don't see any
ldapmodify messages look for the bindresponse to see if there is a
general password problem.

I'll be happy to look at the sniffer for you but I wouldn't send the
capture to the whole list.

-Ryan