[cisco-voip] CID CCM questions

Paul Long plong at metreos.com
Wed Jan 26 19:24:10 EST 2005

I just found out about this list. Maybe somebody out there can answer these
questions.

1. When I place a call through a CCM from one Cisco phone to another (via
SCCP), and that phone redirects to a third Cisco phone, the initiating phone
displays the CID of the third phone, not the CID of the phone it dialed:

    phone 1000 --> phone 2000 --> phone 3000
    displays "3000"

That's great, I like that. However, when I perform the same scenario except
with our product, "MCE," placing an H.323 call rather than a Cisco phone
placing an SCCP call, I do not see the CID of the third, final phone being
reported back to us in any H.225.0 (or H.245) message, e.g., Alerting,
Connect, or Facility:

    MCE 1000 --> phone 2000 --> phone 3000
    no CID

Is it possible to have the CCM somehow report the final EP's CID back to us,
as in the following?

    MCE 1000 --> phone 2000 --> phone 3000
    receive "3000"

I was told that the CCM might send the CID in an Information message, but I
don't see any of those messages (I'm using Ethereal to sniff the
connection).

2. Conversely, when a call is redirected _into_ our product, we would like
to know the CID of the last redirecting EP:

    MCE 1000 <-- phone 2000 <-- phone 3000 <-- phone 4000
    receive "2000"

Is there any way to do this with the CCM?

Thanks,
Paul