[cisco-voip] 7960 talking to two separate call manager systems

Paul Yago pyago at adomo.com
Wed Jul 6 18:06:04 EDT 2005

My understanding is that CCM clusters should not co-exist on the same
network and therefore multiple lines from different clusters is not a
supported feature of the phones. We have this problem in our small
enterprise, where there is one network segment and 2 (sometimes 3) CCM
clusters, and one DHCP server with the TFTP option enable for only one
of the CCMs.

In order to switch CCMs, I just have everyone switch the TFTP settings
on the phone as suggested below. But sometimes even this doesn't work.
The Device information is cached in the phones and even when I erase the
configuration, disable DHCP, and modify the TFTP setting, the phone will
connect to the wrong CCM. Only by temporarily disabling the TFTP service
on the wrong CCM, am I able to connect to the right one.

Anyway, I hope this helps a bit. Good luck.

Paul