[cisco-voip] Unity Directory

Court Schuett cschuett at hfsnorthamerica.com
Thu Jun 23 13:04:11 EDT 2005

Well, I'm not sure what you mean by Auto Attendant, but the way we use
it is this:

Remote Site A.  Take their POTS lines and run them all to one phone
number: 2059999.  Create a CTI Route point with that number and CFA that
to VM.  Create a Call Handler in Unity with that phone number.  Under
the Caller Input, put different options in.  Then record the greeting
with those options in mind.

That's what we call an Auto Attendant.  For us, it's just a Call Handler
with a specific extension put on it.   Basically a Call Handler is the
same as a Subscriber except that it can't record messages, but doesn't
use a license.

Hope that helps!

Court Schuett

630-909-5560