[cisco-voip] Setting up a WS-SVC-CMM for use with CCM 4.1

Voll, Scott Scott.Voll at wesd.org
Wed Feb 22 16:24:10 EST 2006

When we first got it, it had like 12.2 code or something.  When I
upgraded the IOS to the 12.3 code it also upgraded Firmware on the
Cards.  Something when wrong and it killed the PRI card.  RMA was two or
three days... (but that's more of a RMA war story).

If you loose the IOS and end up in Rommon you can FTP off the Sup to get
it up and running.  There is a Console port on the top of the blade so
if something were to go wrong you can get on it.

First time I upgraded to the 12.4 code it had a Multicast issue so I had
to down grade to 12.3 so MoH worked.  That has since been fixed.

I also had to do some testing for a Tac Case which I used a developers
release of 12.4 that didn't do good things either.  Had to down grade to
12.3 at 10am on a business day.

So, with all that said 12.4 mainline should be good, But before I'm
willing to go that direction, I want to see others using it.

The CMM has come a long way.

Scott

PS.  Let me know how it goes.