[cisco-voip] Getting started with IPCC?

Tech Guy techguy at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 12:57:42 EDT 2006

So, I have two CallManager 4.1(3) servers and about 1000 phones where I am.
Just started working here and I have been tasked with bringing up IPCC
Express which they apparently bought a couple of servers nearly a year ago
to do.

Funny thing is what they want to do they could easily do without IPCC
express, but since they have it I get to have fun I suppose.

Been reading and reading all the documents and well I think my brain is
turning to mush.

They just want to roll it out for the IT dept./helpdesk.  They want calls to
come in and through a series of menus they can reach the right people.  To
me with CCM its nothing a Unity call handler and some hunt groups couldn't
accomplish.

I read something about agent phones not being able to support certain phone
features, like "idivert" for one.  I can understand that actually, but man
thats going to bite in this implementation where the people are more then
just agents you know.

Anyway, anyone have tips or suggestions on getting started with this beast?
Any gotchas or caveats you have run into doing something similiar?  Not look
so much for how to do it all or anything but more so lessons learned if you
have them.

Thanks!