[cisco-voip] Getting started with IPCC?

Ed Leatherman ealeatherman at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 08:30:35 EDT 2006

Aman,

They aren't quite related in that linear of a fashion, there are some
"if's".

Resources (agents) can belong to a resource group

Resource groups can be assigned to CSQs (if the CSQ is a group based queue
and not skills based).

CSQs can be associated to scripts, either explicitly defined in the script
or as a parameter that you can setup when you created the application
(probably the best way to do it). CSQ = contact service queue, this defines
particular queues that callers can be placed in, including the order in
which calls are answered and what set of resources will field the calls. You
only need these if you are queueing calls obviously, so they arent
necessarily required fro an application.

JTAPI Triggers are associated with an application, this is the number that
the calling party uses to trigger the applications

If I were thinking of an example work flow for setting those elements up,
assuming the script was already written I would
-configure agent's accounts (basically setup resources)
-configure the resource group
-configure the CSQ
-upload script/prompts
-create JTAPI call control groups
-create media groups
-configure application
-configure JTAPI trigger

Hope that helps. There is a diagram of the call flow I've seen floating
around that is very illustrative, if I happen to run across it I will pass
it along.

--
Ed Leatherman
Senior Voice Engineer