[cisco-voip] IPCC Express Premium 4.0(3) - JTAPI Setup?

Tech Guy techguy at gmail.com
Tue Oct 17 11:18:07 EDT 2006

Here is the perfect example of why I am confused, this is something so small
and basic and I believe I know the answer but I could be completely wrong,
which if I am means I have missed something some where.

In the IPCC Admin Guide section for "Configuring the JTAPI Provider" there
is the section for "Password".  It then gives you a description of:

"Password you defined for the User ID in CallManager"

The way this is worded reads that you have configured a user ID in
callmanager and a password for that user.  "Defined, meaning you have
already defined a password".

Now, I suspect this is not what is meant, because I do not recall being
instructed to set anything up in CallManager yet during the IPCC
installation.  My guess is they want you to "define" a password for the user
ID's that it will create automatically within CallManager based on the user
prefix you define and the number of nodes in the IPCC cluster as the
previous step illustrates for the "User Prefix" section.

However if I am wrong here then something is missing, and I have no clue.

Thats the problem with documentation, something so minor can mean something
completely different.  And thus cause me to question myself and the document
and waste hours trying to determine what is really meant here.