[cisco-voip] JTAPI Call Control Group Configuration - IPCC Express

Tech Guy techguy at gmail.com
Tue Oct 17 17:47:19 EDT 2006

The directory numbers used for the CTI Ports within the JTAPI call control
group are different and seperate from those of your agents right?

These numbers will only be used by CallManager and IPCC for communication,
no one would actually call these extensions or anything right?

For example, I have 20 agents (IT stafff/helpdesk) each of them will have an
extension setup seperate from their personal DID they already have.  This
will be the extension utilized for the IPCC side of things.

Ideally I will be setting up a primary ext. that will be the helpdesk
number.  People will call it and it will prompt them to enter in say 1 for
this, and 2 that.  I will assign agents to resource groups and skills, the
groups and skills will be in a service queue right.  And then the queue will
basically be what the "press 1 or 2" thing will send them to.  This is very
high level I know, but in essence that is the idea right?

So, the CTI ports directory numbers are totally seperate from the agents
numbers and the helpdesk number correct?