[cisco-voip] Jitter - RxSize/TxSize

Kris Seraphine baryonyx5 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 25 20:02:50 EDT 2006

I could be wrong but I think I've seen this before and determined it was
caused by G.729b (G.729 with silence suppression) connections.

You could set the 'Strip G.729 Annex B (Silence Suppression) from
Capabilities' service parameter to true and see if that makes a difference.

If it happens on conference calls you could remove the codec g792abr8 and
codec g729br8 commands from the dsp-farm profile on the gateway.

<javascript:
openHelpWindow('vendorconfighelp.asp?instance=xmldi://cisco.com/serviceParameters/0&title=Cisco+CallManager+Parameters+Help&showAll=No#StripSilenceSuppressionCapabilities');>

On 10/25/06, Howard, Chad <Chad.Howard at ecolab.com> wrote:

>  This didn't seem to go through the first time...sorry if this is a dup.
>

> We have some users experiencing choppy voice - I think related to jitter.
> Show policy-map int looks ok and I'm not finding congestion anywhere.
>
> During an active call I pressed the ? key twice to get the stats.
>
> It shows the "RxSize: 10ms" and the "TxSize: 20ms".  I think I've seen
> issues with that before (I think they need to match).  Anyone know how those
> parameters get set, and if non-matching values are in fact a problem?
>
> Thanks much,
> Chad
>
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
> This e-mail communication and any attachments may contain proprietary and privileged information for the use of the designated recipients named above.
> Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.
> If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.

kris seraphine