[cisco-voip] Communicator G.729 vs G.711

Carter, Bill bcarter at sentinel.com
Wed Oct 25 21:23:42 EDT 2006

I always use G.729.  G.711 may work most of the time, but I worry about
scalability etc. with the Internet connection.

To force all IP Communicator calls to use G.729, Create a Device Pool
"IP Communicator" and a Region of "IP Communicator" and have that region
use G.729 with everyone else.

If your issues are transcoding resources, I have also seen customers
convert all internal phone-2-phone and GW-2-phone to G.729.  I/They
can't tell a difference in voice quality between 711 and 729.  The only
drawback with 729 is audio quality with MoH.