[cisco-voip] Unity Call Handler ?

Tech Guy techguy at gmail.com
Mon Oct 30 13:26:14 EST 2006

Got a request today to set something up that i thought would be easy and
simple.  For the most part it is but I am must be missing a piece in setting
up a call handler.

Basically a department head wants things setup so that outside techs can
call into one number, choose a group within the department, and then get
ahold of someone.

My thoughts were I would have one DID hit a call handler, play message and
accept user input.  Say press 1 and hit hunt pilot xxxx, press 2 and hit
hunt pilot yyyy you know.

Its all pretty easy and straight forward, BUT... when setting up the call
handler and the input, you have to select a subscriber it seems.  There are
other options like directory handler, and interview handler and so on.. but
nothing that just lets you hit a ext. on callmanager without have to setup a
voicemail box for that extension is there?  Thats my question.

I would prefer to not have to waste a unity license to simply have a
callhandler redirect caller input to a line but unless I am missing
something that is what I will have to do.

Any thoughts or suggestions?