[cisco-voip] Unity Call Handler ?

Ed Leatherman ealeatherman at gmail.com
Mon Oct 30 14:21:36 EST 2006

You can make another call handler for each transfer out that you need, and
set the transfer behaviour to "Ring extension _______" and put the hunt
pilot number there.

Then on your main call handler, each option would "Attempt to forward to"
the particular secondary call handler for that transfer.

That doesnt use up any licenses but its more work to configure.

Make sense?

On 10/30/06, Tech Guy <techguy at gmail.com> wrote:

> Got a request today to set something up that i thought would be easy and
> simple.  For the most part it is but I am must be missing a piece in setting
> up a call handler.
>
> Basically a department head wants things setup so that outside techs can
> call into one number, choose a group within the department, and then get
> ahold of someone.
>
> My thoughts were I would have one DID hit a call handler, play message and
> accept user input.  Say press 1 and hit hunt pilot xxxx, press 2 and hit
> hunt pilot yyyy you know.
>
> Its all pretty easy and straight forward, BUT... when setting up the call
> handler and the input, you have to select a subscriber it seems.  There are
> other options like directory handler, and interview handler and so on.. but
> nothing that just lets you hit a ext. on callmanager without have to setup a
> voicemail box for that extension is there?  Thats my question.
>
> I would prefer to not have to waste a unity license to simply have a
> callhandler redirect caller input to a line but unless I am missing
> something that is what I will have to do.
>
> Any thoughts or suggestions?

Ed Leatherman
Senior Voice Engineer
West Virginia University
Telecommunications and Network Operations