[cisco-voip] vg224 - MGCP or SCCP?

Lelio Fulgenzi lelio at uoguelph.ca
Fri May 18 21:47:49 EDT 2007

Just wondering what others have used out there for their VG224.

I'm not so concerned with features or call survivability right now, but I'm more concerned with having faxes work while in SRST mode. I'm guessing modem/fax passthrough is what I really want.

On a side note, a number of people asked if you need to buy a licence for a VG224. People have been saying no. But according to this documentation, if you use the VG224 is SCCP mode, then you are required to buy a licence.

  http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/ps6441/products_feature_guide09186a0080483a76.html#wp1043332

  Each FXS port that has SCCP enabled counts as a single IP phone for licensing purposes. For example, if you register all 24 ports on a Cisco VG 224:
  -For Cisco Unified CME, you need to purchase at least an FL-CCME-SMALL license.

  -For Cisco Unified CallManager, the 24 ports count towards the 2500 limit if you purchase LIC-CCM-4.X-2500.