[cisco-voip] H323 gateway / Unity

Ryan Ratliff rratliff at cisco.com
Mon Nov 3 13:51:36 EST 2008

Any time a call drops immediately upon connect you have a capabilities
mismatch, either codec or dtmf.  Since Unity always answers calls
immediately that is most likely your issue.

You need to look at CCM traces or h225/h245 debugs on the router to
determine why your capabilities exchange is failing.   Is the region setting
between the gateway and the Unity vm ports set for g.729?

Try setting up a codec class and allow g.711, g.729, etc and apply it to the
voip dial-peer.  This will most likely fix your issue and you can use 'sh
call active voice brief' to see the codec that is used for the call.

-Ryan