[cisco-voip] Unity Connection 7 on a VM machine

Damien Ball balld at gcs.k12.nc.us
Wed Nov 5 08:20:12 EST 2008

One computer i tried it on has a Pentium M 2.13Ghz, and this is the computer that it works fine on.  The ESX Server is an AMD.  An Operton quad-core server.  Ha.  That makes sense now.  I'm glad someone got the CDR data because I couldn't.  ESX doesn't have support for USB or USB hubs, so I couldn't dump the data to a USB key.

So why does 6.0 work and 6.1/7.0 not work?  Better hardware checking in those?

Damien Ball
Network Engineer
A+, CCNA, ACDT, ACTC
Granville County Schools
Technology Department
101 Delacroix St.
Oxford, NC 27565
Office:  (919) 693-4613
Fax:  (919) 693-7391

>>> On Wed, Nov 5, 2008 at  1:59 AM, in message <867ba4760811042259u680e0b5esd72519441f3dc3a0 at mail.gmail.com>, "Iain Gould" <iain0404 at gmail.com> wrote:

I've had no luck installing either CUCM6.1 or CUCM7.0 (actually Bus Ed so I can test CM + UC) in a VMWare Server instance on my test server. CUCM6.0 seems to install ok.

Last time it failed I dumped the diagnostic info, and tried to interpret that. The only thing concrete I can see is something to do with "no CDP driver module for athlonSMP". So I'm using Athlon quad-core server - what are you guys trying it on? Any suggestions for solving that?

Next step is to try and upgrade 6.0 to 7.0 and see if that works...

- Iain

The Granville County School System does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, disability, religion, or age in its programs or activities. If you have an inquiry regarding the nondiscrimination policies, please contact: Assistant Superintendent for Human Resources and Operations Granville County Schools, Oxford, North Carolina 27565, 919-693-4613. http://www.gcs.k12.nc.us