[cisco-voip] Octel 250 Integration question

Justin Steinberg jsteinberg at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 09:07:50 EST 2008

Can a QSIG trunk between CM and the S8700 support MWI when the S8700 is
integrated to the 250?  I'm not sure, but you might check the Cisco
integration guide, if the QSIG doesn't support MWI you'll need the hybrid
integration.
I just went through something similar with an Opt11. A qsig was setup
between Cisco and Opt11 (but qsig doesnt support MWI when the Opt11 was
integrated to the 250) to support calls between Nortel and Cisco.

To support MWI, the DPA was setup and wired in to just support MWI commands
for both the Opt11 and Cisco.  This is somewhat described in the SRND.

Scroll down to figure 12-10
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/6x/vmail.html#wp1043684<http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/6x/vmail.html#wp1043684>

This diagram does not show the audio path connection to the Octel 250.  You
could use the existing connections between the Avaya and Octel to support
voice path for Cisco and Avaya.  On Cisco, setup a vm pilot that routes over
to the Avaya via QSIG and then Avaya routes to VM.  You should get the
proper call fwd info to get to the correct VM box.

the key is to ensure that you dedicate some analog lines for MWI only, both
on the Octel and Avaya.  Then just configure the DPA properly and put the
DPA in the middle of those dedicated MWI lines.  Octel send the MWI command
to the DPA and the DPA broadcasts the MWI command to both Cisco and Avaya
and you should be good to go.