[cisco-voip] ilbc codec and DevicePool for a Transcoder?

Anthony Kouloglou akoulgr at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 14:33:57 EST 2008

Hi Peter,
no, devices in central site do not support ilbc (7941G-GE). That is why i
want to ude transcoder.
My transcoder is located at the central site.
The 2 remote devices are registered in the central ccm cluster (7942G).
All devices use g711 in their own device pool and ilbc with the other.
That is what i want to know: where must the transcoder be configured? in
which device pool?

O/H Peter Slow έγραψε:

Anthony, we need some more infromation to tell you waht's happening.

can both devices do iLBC? Trying to undesrtand what call flow is
requiing a transcoder.
Where is your transcoder physically located?

what types of devices are involved in the call?
what codecs do the devices at the central site use and what are the
model numbers of the phones in use? they don't all support iLBC.
what device pool/region is the transcoder in and what is configured
between that region and the central and remote site regions?

-Peter