[cisco-voip] ilbc codec and DevicePool for a Transcoder?

Jason Burns burns.jason at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 19:16:42 EST 2008

Anthony,

The transcoder has a Device Pool configuration section so that you can put
the Transcoder in a specific region.

In this case since the Transcoder is physically located at the central site
you'll want to make sure it is in the central site Device Pool.

The transcoder is invoked by the device using the higher bandwidth codec, in
this case the central site phones, so you'll want to make sure the MRGL of
the central site phones contains the transcoder.