[cisco-voip] Suspend phones?

Lisa Notarianni notariannil1 at scranton.edu
Thu Nov 20 15:41:56 EST 2008

Anyone know if there is any way to add phones and lines without actually
making them active and leave them in a "suspended" state until we are
ready to use them?

We are converting a department to VoIP.  They are actually moving and I
would like to add their phones but place them in a suspended state until
the actual move date.  Users are converting from Centrex to VoIP and if
I add their phones too early internal calls from current VoIP users have
problems contacting them because they will reach the VoIP phone and they
will not be moved yet.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Lisa