[cisco-voip] Unity Account Lockouts

William Roy William.Roy at l7.com.au
Wed Nov 26 20:37:45 EST 2008

Has anyone seen Unity version 5.0.1 lock a subscriber account without a person actually accessing voice mail? I am trying to put it down to user error and maybe they have accidently pressed the messages button without realising it and it has called Unity and due to them not putting in a PIN three times it has locked them out. However a couple of people who this has happened to beleive they were not even at their desk when the account got locked. In the event viewer on the Unity server I can see the error message for  the two incorrect attempts being made and then the final incorrect PIN with the account being locked. One thing I have noticed that in these error messages I am not seeing an extension from where Unity was accessed from:

Subscriber account locked out is [edman] with extension [64041]. Call was made from - [].. 1165

Whereas in a normal incorrect PIN message I would expect to see...

Subscriber account locked out is [edman] with extension [64041]. Call was made from - [64041].. 1165

Under what circumstance would you see "Call was made from - []" ?

regards

Wil Roy