[cisco-voip] Do you test upgrades? Or fail back?

Sean Walberg sean at ertw.com
Mon Sep 22 15:17:22 EDT 2008

What do people here do when planning for an upgrade (major? minor?) to CUCM
and other components (Unity, IPCCx, CER, etc)?  Do you stage something in a
test environment? P2V machines and test on those?  Hope, pray, and rely on
the failback mechanisms?

Also, do you apply every patch? Only when you think it's relevent?  Never
patch?

We're about 70 phones in to our deployment of a few thousand, and I'm
starting to get asked to put a policy together to answer these questions.
I'm curious what has worked for people.

Thanks

Sean

--