[cisco-voip] Call Recording with CUCM 6.1(3)

Adam Frankel afrankel at cisco.com
Thu Apr 2 22:57:14 EDT 2009

If the application has the ability to integrate with the CUCM 6.x Silent
Monitoring and Recording API then it should be possible.  Documentation for
each individual product and setting up the integration is generally provided
by the Application vendor.   To get a general idea or understanding how the
feature works check the CUCM Features and Services Guide for CUCM 6.x here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/6_1_1/ccmfeat/cmfsg
d611.html

Basically the third party app can use JTAPI to invoke the BIB (Built in
Bridge) on the phone to place a second call out to the SIP Trunk to record
the call.

Adam