[cisco-voip] Testing New Firmware on a Single Phone

Jeff Ruttman ruttmanj at carewisc.org
Wed Apr 8 14:50:59 EDT 2009

Thanks Ryan.

I'm going with the cop.sgn file.  But you know...the readmes for both
.cop and cop.sgn files say, "This firmware version is supported on Cisco
Unified CallManager Release 5.0 and higher, and Cisco Unified
CallManager Releases 4.2, 4.1, 4.0, and 3.3."  Not very helpful there.

The descriptions differ like this:

For the .cop = 7911/7906 SCCP IP Phone load - Compatible CUCM Versions:
5.0(1), 5.0(2), 5.0(3)

For the cop.sgn = 7911/7906 SCCP IP Phone load - Compatible CUCM
Versions: 5.0(4)+

So I guess the "+" is the clue to which file to use, the cop.sgn.  Seems
like it would be easy to simply list the compatible CUCM versions.  But
that's just me, I guess.

Still, all you say, Ryan, should do it for me.  Much appreciated.

jeff