[cisco-voip] silly calling number question !!!

Djokic Sinisa sdjokic at mds.rs
Fri Apr 10 08:35:59 EDT 2009

hi group..

as stated, silly calling number question..

we have CUCM&IVR..

cti ports and rp have calling search space which points to specific
route-pattern and specific route list..

the route list points to our h.323 gw terminating PRI..

so, scenario is as follows:

outside caller calls and IVR RP number ( visible from outside ), in some
phase of IVR script it redirects the call to external cell phone number..

the call is obviously routed according to css on the cti ports..

it goes out through PRI as we wanted..

cell phone users gets the call and it is fine..

BUT..

the problem is we cannot manilulate calling id which is presented to the
cell phone user..

if we try to test it with internal ip phone calling the IVR and then getting
redirecting to the cell phone user, then calling id is external phone number
mask of that ip phone ( although we have different calling party mask in
route list )..

if PSTN caller calls IVR and gets redirected to cell phone user, then
calling id is leading number of PRI ( although we have different calling
party mask in route list )..

so, we cannot set calling id number to be the number we whish ( it is the
number from our PRI range ) in CUCM 4.1..

facts:

1. on the route list which is used in this case, we have calling number mask
configured to be number we whish..

2. on the cti ports and cti route points we have configured external phone
number mask we whish to be presented to cell phone ( although it looks like
it doesn't matter )

3. we played with calling party selection under h.323 gw settings in CUCM

4. finally we did what we wanted using simple voice translation rules on our
h.323 IOS but that's not the solution with which we're satisfied

any thoughts?..

maybe some service paramter or something?..

how can we achieve this in CUCM..

thanx..

regards..

Sinisa Djokic

System Engineer
CCNP,CCDA,CQS-CWLDS,CS-CIPTDS,CS-CIPCCES Cisco Certified

MDS Informaticki inzenjering
Bul. Arsenija Carnojevica 170
11070 Novi Beograd, Serbia
Tel: +381 11 2015 200, 2015 273