[cisco-voip] conference g729

Scott Voll svoll.voip at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 11:18:54 EDT 2009

the question become are you using the CM server (software) for Conferencing?
(g711 only)

if yes, then you will need DSP's for Transcoding because the Software will
not do G729 weather some or all phones are in a G729 region.

if no (you use HW / DSPs) then it doesn't matter if its G711 or G729 or
both.

help?

Scott