[cisco-voip] AA confusion in CUCM and IPCCX

Ryan Ratliff rratliff at cisco.com
Mon Aug 10 13:04:32 EDT 2009

The free AA and IPCC aa.aef are the exact same script.   The
difference is mainly in the Windows versions of CUCM where you can
load the CRS component co-resident with the CUCM.  This is not allowed
with 5.x CUCM and later and I believe you only get the "free" AA with
a bundle that includes the IPCCX software you need to use it (maybe
you get like 4 IPCCX ports free or something).  The bundle still
requires the other server to run IPCCX.

The CUCM Features and Services guide for your specific version talks
about the script.

-Ryan