[cisco-voip] Outgoing Caller ID, My Router, Telco's PRI

Jeff Ruttman ruttmanj at carewisc.org
Wed Aug 12 11:30:03 EDT 2009

Well I had great success with AT&T looking at this with me, and indeed
we have to send ISDN for plan and National Number for type.  We're
currently sending "unknown" for type and plan.  Unknown is fine for our
other 2 AT&T PRIs, but not the one in question.  Has to do with the
switch type said the tech.

I see in CM 6.1 where to change these on the PRI port on the GW:
Calling party IE number type unknown and Calling Numbering Plan.  Can I
just change these and restart the GW without any other repercussions?
Right now they're set to "Cisco CallManager" and the help page says
basically to leave it alone unless you know about national dialing plans
and such--which I don't really.

So will this change be as simple as changing the drop down and
restarting the GW?  And should I also change the Called party IE number
type unknown and Called Numbering Plan?

Thanks
jeff