[cisco-voip] Cellular Provider voicemail

Ed Leatherman ealeatherman at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 11:34:08 EDT 2009

Hi Folks,
Anyone run into a situation like this?

I call-forward-all my IP Phone (CUCM 6.1, 7970) to my cell phone (AT&T).
Someone calls my IP phone, it forwards to my cell phone, and I don't answer.
Instead of getting my cell phone voicemail box, it goes to AT&T's main
voicemail greeting. If the same person calls my cell phone directly, it will
get to my own voicemail box just fine.

Only seems to be happening for certain cell phone providers (mainly AT&T and
a few local carriers). I've not had any complaints about land-line voicemail
systems. Caller-ID is coming through to the cell phones as expected, and of
course the called number is correct since it forwards to the right phone. Is
there some other setting on our PRI's that is making it's way through to a
cell phone carrier and mucking something up? So far tech support with AT&T
hasn't been helpful.

We do not have any direct connections to any of these service providers, our
local service is through Verizon.

--
Ed Leatherman