[cisco-voip] T37 fax problem

mthompson729 at gmail.com mthompson729 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 12:18:44 EDT 2009

Mustafa,
not sure if you are running in on A PRI, I assume so. if you are, then you
can look at the show controller T1 0/0/0 (or whatever controller) and make
sure there are 0 errors on the line. ANY errors on that line will kill a
fax. on an audio call, they would sound like pops in the background.

a couple things to check:
as mentioned below, make sure that your PRI is the primary clock...has to
be primary, any slips at all will add to the issue.
verify that there are no line errors (T-1 layer issues), those will show up
as CRC errors and the like.

if the above are clean, then move on to the Dial Peer debugging, which I
assume are the same as other sites.

hope that helps.