[cisco-voip] Packet Capture Issue for 7937 Directory Issue

Ruben Trujillo rtrujill at adobe.com
Mon Aug 24 16:40:38 EDT 2009

Hi All,

I have a corporate directory issue on 7937 phones where the search by first name and/or last name always returns the same search list no matter what I enter.  I also experience a TCP timeout when I attempt to search by extension.  I've opened a TAC case on this and they are requesting a packet capture.  I've tried connecting my laptop and phone to a hub but no luck.  I can't see the traffic from the phone.  I've also had a SPAN placed on two ports on the switch but again no luck.

Has anyone experienced the directory issue and been able to fix it?  I'm on CM version 4.1.3 and the directory is accessing LDAP to get this data.  This feature does work on other phone types such as the 7936 and 796x.

Is there something I'm missing with my setup of the packet capture?  I'm using Wireshark and I have the correct interface configured for the capture.

Thanks,
Ruben Trujillo
IT Telecom