[cisco-voip] Caller ID from call answered by call handler

Bob Fronk bob at btrfronk.com
Tue Aug 25 14:14:32 EDT 2009

Quick setup:  Calls come in on PRI and matched to transformation pattern to send to correct extension.  Main number transforms to a Unity Call Handler.  The call handler gives a menu, and callers select from there.

If a caller dials the 4 digit extension of the person they want to speak with, the call is transferred to them.  The issue is that the caller id shows "From voice mail" instead of the actual calling number.

I have been asked if I can make the calling number display when a call is transferred from the call handler.  Is this possible?