[cisco-voip] IPCCX 5.0 not understanding digits when it makes the call.

Sean Walberg sean at ertw.com
Thu Aug 27 15:14:50 EDT 2009

I've got an IPCCX 5.0 SR2 system connected to my Call Manager 6.1 cluster.
The subscriber, PSTN router, and IPCCX server are all on the same switch.
I've got a script that records a message from a caller, makes an outbound
call to a defined phone to play back the message, and then presents a menu
to confirm the recipient got the message.

If the recipient of the message is an IP phone using the internal extension,
it works. IPCCX calls the phone, plays back the message, and then the phone
can press 2 to confirm.

If the recipient of the message goes out the PSTN (cell, or even calling the
same IP phone by looping in and out the PSTN), the digits aren't processed
by IPCCX. You hear the message, but the digit collection from the menu times
out. "are you still there?" etc.

If I make a call in to IPCCX, digit collection works fine even from the same
phone that doesn't work if IPCCX calls it.

The gateway is H.323 and dtmf relaying is on. Packet traces show that the
digits seem to be going in band and we can hear the digits being played over
a G.711 stream.

Nothing in the bug toolkit, and Google always leads me to Unity call handler
problems and dtmf relay being disabled)

I've poked around the CTI configuration and don't see where I could set up
any DTMF relaying on the IPCCX side. There is a media termination point
being used though.

Any ideas where to look next?

Thanks,

Sean