[cisco-voip] Unity Connection 7 Call Handlers based on Called Number

Lelio Fulgenzi lelio at uoguelph.ca
Tue Dec 1 19:24:06 EST 2009

I think Pat has it down right.

Just a few comments about the second way. As far as I can tell, you can use caller input to transfer to an alternate contact number, i.e. an extension - say "0". Then depending on the routing rule which assigned the appropriate search space, it will go to the appropriate 0 voice mail subcriber (or call handler) and you can use the "transfer rules" to go to the right extension in CallManager.

In a rudimentary design:

Partitions:

EastCoast_PT
WestCoast_PT

CSS:

EastCoast = EastCoast_PT
WestCoast = WestCoast_PT

subscribers:

EastCoastOperator, DN=0, Transfer=1007, PT=EastCoast_PT
WestCoastOperator, DN=0, Transfer=2007, PT=WestCoast_PT

routing rules:

FWD #= 1001, CSS=WestCoast, CallHandler=CorporateAutoAttendant
FWD #= 2001, CSS=EastCoast, CallHandler=CorporateAutoAttendant

when someone dials 1001, they get the CorporateAutoAttendant (just as someone who dials 2001), but when they press 0, the callhandler has been assigned the WestCoast CSS, so when they press 0, which transfers them to the alternate contact number of "0", it reach the user with the extension "0" in the WestCoast_PT, which then transfers to 1007.

A bit more complicated then multiple callhandlers? Yes? But more scalable as well. If you have two corporate offices with no chance of expansion, then stick with multiple call handler trees. If you have 10 offices and you might add more, then embrace the partitions.

---
Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A.
(519) 824-4120 x56354 (519) 767-1060 FAX (JNHN)
"Bad grammar makes me [sic]" - Tshirt