[cisco-voip] Cisco Unity 4.0 (Receiving an error-"The audio codec identified by the format tag 7 is required to play this file")

Joe Halenkamp - JHH JHH at DJJ.com
Mon Dec 14 12:44:21 EST 2009

Received professional greetings recorded from a studio production group
and cannot get them to work with the Cisco Unity Voicemail system.

I am receiving the following error:  "The audio codec identified by the
format tag 7 is required to play this file. To determine if this codec
is available to download from the Web, click Web Help".

The web help then directs me to the WMPlugins.com but the codec is not
there anymore.  I have searched several forums for possible fixes, but
am working with an (In-Production-Server)

I found this:  support site I found in the following blog:
http://www.moviecodec.com/audio-codecs/audio-codec-tag-7-error-1132/
<http://www.moviecodec.com/audio-codecs/audio-codec-tag-7-error-1132/>

People there where having the same issue.

I linked to it and downloaded the file, which caused me to Reboot the
Unity Server.  Still had the issue!

Has anyone run across this issue that could help??

Thanks