[cisco-voip] UCCX - Presenting Caller ID / Name rather than CTI Route Point Number

Tanner Ezell tanner.ezell at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 11:51:56 EST 2009

This is not possible due to the way UCCX handles calls, in short:

Caller dials Trigger (CTI Route Point), UCCX is made aware of the call,
finds an unused CTI Port and the caller is connected to that CTI Port.

Now, until the caller is transferred to an agent, all handling of the Caller
(get digits, play media, etc) is done via this CTI Port. Remember that CTI
Ports act as software phones (akin to CIPC); For all intents and purposes,
the Caller is talking to Softphone with extension 53xx.

When an agent becomes available, the CTI Port rings to the agent. At this
point is where you see your CTI Ports (53xx) ringing the Agent phone, the
reason being is that the call is still being controlled by UCCX via the CTI
Port. Until the caller is released from the CTI Port and transferred to the
Agent (agent picks up), UCCX will keep control of the call.

Now in theory, you *might* be able to accomplish what you're seeking by
doing something like using the connect step to get the AgentID UCCX has
found for you and doing a cold transfer to that person terminating the
connection to the CTI Port. Again, I've never actually tried this so I can't
say for certain it will work; Additionally it comes at a risk to your
caller, should the agent not answer (RONA) the call will be dropped out of
queue and terminated (since you terminated the CTI Port connecting the
caller to UCCX)

Even if that is possible, I don't recommend it (the only acceptable time to
implement such a thing would be in call centre environments that utilize
auto answer).

Cheers,

Tanner Ezell

Regards,