[cisco-voip] Phones not Registering on CME

Kim, Hyoun S Hyoun.Kim at chartercom.com
Tue Dec 29 18:31:23 EST 2009

I get a call from some users at a remote site who are finally connecting
the last series of phones to the CME I set up months ago.  They said
that only 1 of the 4 phones are working.

The 3 phones (all 7962s) are stuck in the "Configuring IP" state and
will not do anything else.  I've double-checked my configuration and I
have correctly provisioned all the phones & their MAC addresses in the
configuration.

Digging deeper, it seems that the 3 phones that are not getting the
correct IP address.  I set up the DHCP pool to be 10.10.10.X/24.  All
the functioning phones are obtaining the proper IP addresses but the 3
non-functioning phones are getting a 10.10.3.xxx address (so the user
tells me).  Doing a show cdp neighbor details command on the ports show
that there are no IP addresses associated with those ports.
Furthermore, the Version of phone shows up as "79XX_default_load" rather
than "SCCP42.8-3-2S" on all the other functioning phones.  The port
configurations are identical on all ports.

Do you guys have any ideas?  I'm using SCCP for my phone system.  My CME
version is 7.1.

________________________________

Hyoun Kim * Network Administrator I - East Division

640 Broadmor Blvd * Suite 80 * Murfreesboro, TN 37129

' 615.217.6245 * ' 859.312.6941 * 7 615.217.6255 * *
Hyoun.Kim at chartercom.com <mailto:Hyoun.Kim at chartercom.com>

E-MAIL CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:

The contents of this e-mail message and
any attachments are intended solely for the
addressee(s) and may contain confidential
and/or legally privileged information. If you
are not the intended recipient of this message
or if this message has been addressed to you
in error, please immediately alert the sender
 by reply e-mail and then delete this message
and any attachments. If you are not the
intended recipient, you are notified that
any use, dissemination, distribution, copying,
or storage of this message or any attachment
is strictly prohibited.